Tourism Task Force
Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch has appointed the following members to the Tourism Task Force, created by House Enrolled Act 1001 during the 2017 legislative session:
- Elaine Bedel, President, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Jeffrey Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Schahet Hotels, Inc.
- Matthew Carter, Vice President – Destination Development, Visit Indy
- Dr. Amanda Cecil, Associate Professor & Chair, IUPUI – School of Physical Education & Tourism Management; Dept. of Tourism, Conventions & Event Management
- Pete Eshelman, Chief Executive Officer, Joseph Decuis
- Mark Newman, Executive Director, Indiana Office of Tourism Development, ex officio
The task force shall:
Study the operating structure of state tourism departments in other states, including the following:
- Whether these tourism departments use public-private partnerships.
- The level of state funding provided to state tourism departments.
- The relationship between state funding of a state’s tourism department and the economic impact of tourism on the state.