Indiana Tourism Marketing & Communications Intern
The Indiana Office of Tourism Development is hiring for a position within the 2020 Governor’s Internship Program. This is a paid internship that will last from Mid-May to Mid-August.
The Marketing and Communications Intern assists Indiana Tourism staff to encourage travel and increase awareness of Visit Indiana as a travel resource. This position will assist with the following communication tactics:
Website Content Creation
Assist with story creation for electronic and print media outlets (website, blog, email and print). Research, image collection, write, edit and publish stories.
Social Media Planning and Execution
Assist with social media planning, post creation and scheduling, and development of future social media campaigns.
Public Relations Communications
Assist with the development and execution of earned media pitch strategy and support materials, such as media kits.
Assist with the industry monthly newsletter development and execution. Attend industry meetings and networking opportunities.
Other Potential Assignments
- Assist with workshop and tradeshow planning and execution, including State Fair booth presence.
- Assist with setup and execution of tourism events.
- Assist with maintaining the master editorial calendar and development of new themes and ideas.
- Assist with maintenance of industry research dashboard and analytics.
- Major in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Tourism or Hospitality Management preferred; Minimum GPA 3.0
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong management and customer service skills
- Professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Personal attributes: organized, detail-oriented, outgoing, energetic, articulate, patient, courteous and friendly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new software programs as necessary to job functions
- Knowledge of Indiana’s tourism attractions a plus
- Ability to travel
Interested parties can apply by clicking here.