Lincoln Amphitheatre’s 2017 Season Highlighted by Grand Funk Railroad, Lee Ann Womack, Mitch Ryder, and the Return of Young Abe Lincoln
Fresh off of a 2016 season that was one of the best attended in the venue’s 30-year history, the Lincoln Amphitheatre has announced a 2017 performance series that will feature classic rockers Grand Funk Railroad, award-winning country singer-songwriter Lee Ann Womack (five Academy of Country Music Awards, six Country Music Association Awards, one Grammy), as well as an evening with 60's rock legend Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels.
Additionally, in a celebratory nod to the 30th anniversary of the Amphitheatre’s debut 1987 season, Young Abe Lincoln will return to the Lincoln Amphitheatre’s performance stage in mid-July for the first time since it closed on a 19-year run in 2005 (1987-2005). The limited engagement of six performances will be based on the original Billy Edd Wheeler script and will be produced locally by Actor’s Community Theatre, a not-for-profit theatre company headquartered in Jasper, Indiana. Children 12 and under will be admitted to any of the Young Abe Lincoln performances free of charge.
“We generated a lot of local and regional excitement with our debut 2016 performance series,” said Marc Steczyk, Lincoln Amphitheatre’s Director. “Having a full season of data to review has really enabled us to focus on creating a 2017 season that builds on what sold best and most consistently in 2016. 2016 was tremendously exciting at the Lincoln Amphitheatre and I, truly, anticipate that 2017 will be a breakout year.”
The 2016 season was the first full season of a new direction for the Lincoln Amphitheatre, as the Indiana Office of Tourism Development, a member of Indiana Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch’s family of business, entered into a partnership with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources to manage the day-to-day operations of the venue.
The Lincoln Amphitheatre’s 2017 Performance Series (all times central):
- Live Bait: a Tribute to Jimmy Buffett, $17.95 General Admission/$25.95 VIP
Saturday, May 20, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Lee Ann Womack, $19.95 General Admission/$28.95 VIP
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Appetite for Destruction: the Ultimate Tribute to Guns n’ Roses, $16.95 General Admission/$24.95 VIP
Saturday, June 24, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Young Abe Lincoln, 30th anniversary special, $18.95 General Admission/$26.95 VIP/Children 12 and under free
Show time is 7 p.m.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
Friday, July 7, 2017
Saturday, July 8, 2017
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Friday, July 14, 2017
Saturday, July 15, 2017
- ZOSO: the Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience, $17.95 General Admission/$25.95 VIP
Saturday, July 22, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Hard Day’s Night: a Tribute to the Beatles, $17.95 General Admission/$25.95 VIP
Saturday, August 12, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Grand Funk Railroad, $27.95 General Admission/$41.95 VIP/$49.95 First Three Rows
Saturday, August 26, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra: a Tribute to the Legendary Movie Music of John Williams (Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, Harry Potter, and more!), $19.95 General Admission/$27.95 VIP/Children 12 and under free
Saturday, September 2, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- An Innocent Band: a Tribute to the Music of Billy Joel, $16.95 General Admission/$24.95 VIP
Saturday, September 9, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
- Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels, $19.95 General Admission/$27.95 VIP
Saturday, September 30, 2017, 6:30 p.m.
Individual and season tickets for the 2017 series are on sale now at www.LincolnAmphitheatre.com and www.ticketfly.com. Ticket prices include concert admission, parking, facility, and service charges, as well as the Lincoln State Park gate fee. Seating for all shows and sections is general admission/festival seating. VIP tickets include the most convenient parking and the best seating, as well as a complimentary drink voucher (good for Pepsi products or beer/wine products) and a commemorative poster. Concessions, venue merchandise, and artist merchandise (when applicable) will be available for purchase at each performance.
About Lincoln Amphitheatre
Lincoln Amphitheatre is a majestic 1,500-seat venue located at Lincoln State Park in Lincoln City, Indiana, the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln. The venue is under the management of the Indiana Office of Tourism Development. For additional information, call 1-844-205-4ABE or email firstname.lastname@example.org.